--- lisa styles <lisasty...@one.net.au> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am a student teacher in Australia and I am trying to design a lesson plan
> on making and using pinhole cameras. I want the students to be able to make
> their cameras cheaply and quickly. Has anybody tried using black foam core?

The majority of my cameras have been made either from coffee cans or black foam
core (I have gone up to 16X20 with the latter, but I wouldn't recommend it).

The advantage of foam core is that it is cheap and easy to make.  You can abuse
the camera as much as you want, and when it finally becomes unusable, just toss
it and make another.

Cheers-

george

=====