I passed along the airport story to my friend that does Cirkut pictures.
(these are the large, rotating camera panoramics, each shot is a 10"x6'
sheet of film) He once took his camera to Central America and experienced
airport difficulties, since the films are rolled in tubes that look like
dynamite.<g> This was his reply:

"I would love to know where he was when he had the problem. Small airports
with
clueless bored security people seem to be the worst. My worst problems were
in
Charleston (WV) and Rapid City SD. In Managua they know just what a gun
looks like, what a bomb looks like and what to do about them. They don't
hassle the rest of us. This is not always the case of course. I have a
recollection that Abbas Shirmohammadi was all set up to do a Cirkut shot of
Clinton's last
Inauguration and the security bozos made him take the cirkut cameras down.
He
shot with a Noblex but the pic was kinda crummy."