Jean,

You're absolutely right... (BTW, your English is great!).   I suppose that we
all caught on on the idea of the swap as a great idea to start 2001 and that we
figured out that the discussion on details would come afterwards.

As for me, I would certainly prefer an "open" subject, rather than a
pre-determined topic.  As far as the number of prints, I have no particular
opinion.  My plan would be to send one print, but I would not want that to be a
constraint for others.

There may be something to be said for having a maximum format (size) for the
prints (perhaps not larger than 8x10", this is pure guess work here).  It would
help if you plan to put them in a book afterwards.  Perhaps a signature as well
on the back (I did'nt participate in the first 2 swaps and these questions might
have been discussed before).

One issue for me is the toal number of prints to be printed and sent:  I saw a
list a while back on a Web site (can't remember the details) with well over 100
names on it.  Then I asked myself: how long would it take me to print, say, 100
prints in the darkroom (assuming no burning and dodging) and I saw the time rise
very fast...

100 times the following: pull paper out of box, place under the enlarger,
expose, run to the processing trays  + 2 minutes in the developer + 30 secs. in
the stop + 2-5 mins. in the fix + 10-20 mins. washing + drying time: this is
already well over 15 hours non-stop... Then run to buy enveloppes + place in
enveloppe and write address + get stamps for all over the world + stick stamps
on enveloppe + run to post office and drop in mailbox....This is another many
hours...

This adds up very fast (not to mention the question of cost for those who may
have a budget constraint...  Where these issues raised earlier?

Of course, the rewards are commensurate to the effort in preparing these prints.

But my question is: did I get the modalities of the swap right?

BTW, this does not change my mind about participating:  I'm just trying to
figure out what is involved!

Merci de nous rappeler à l'ordre, Jean!  Et Joyeux Noël dans le doux pays de
France...

Guy Glorieux
Montréal, Canada