Whatever wood you use, there will be a possibility of warping.  Warping
occurs because not all parts of the wood dry (or absorb moisture if wood is
dryer than the air around it) at the same rate.  Professionals work with
warping by letting the wood acclimate to the environment (during which it
will do 99% of its shape changing) and then working the wood.  Though many
do not have the patience (or the time) it is recommended that you store your
wood in your environment for a full month before doing any work.

Jarred