Sebastian,

To do "slit" photography you have to use TWO slits. I recommend that the
first slit be straight and the second one  to have a zig-zag or serpentine
shape to it. Otherwise you are wasting time and film. A friend of mine in
Missouri has done panoramic slit photos. I got him hooked on slits and he
took it a little further. He has a whole set of different shaped slits and
just drops them in the camera as he experiments with different effects.
I'll get the one out that he sent me and try to describe how he makes them;
it's really quite clever. I'll also try to scan some of the images he has
sent me over the years that are slit photos.

Have a good weekend!

"Keep on Pinholin'",
Tom Lindsay