On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, George L Smyth wrote:

> --- james <ja...@kellar.com> wrote:
> >
> > > How did you make the slits?
> >
> > Gorge,
> >
> > I was looking on the Pinhole Resorce site and Eric is selling a slit camera
> > and he says that it comes with "2 pieces of litho film for making your own
> > slits". You might want to get in touch with Eric to get more info.
> >
> > James
>
> Okay, I've got some TechPan I can develop with Dektol which should work just
> as
> well.  I was hoping to find a way to do this similar to a pinhole, with no
> substrate to go through.

        Hmm...i keep looking at the spectroscope i built for a cosmology
class a few  years ago.
        For the slit i used two straight edged razer blades, i built an
apiture plate with a 3/4 inch hole in it.  I fixed one blade half way
across the hole, and pined the other blade so i could adjust the width of
the slit. I set the size with the scope i use for making pinholes. I
believe i blackened the edges with a sharpie.
jeff