--- Tom Purdum <javaboy...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ok,
> I have been doing a bit of reading but I am a bit
> confused.  Being that this is my first pinhole camera
> I am a newbie.  I figured out my pinhole diameter to
> be 0.22 for a 1.5in focal length and an F-stop of 167.
>  Is this right?  I just don't want to screw it up and
> was hoping someone on the list could maybe check my
> math so to speak.  I just have a funny feeling that
> this is not correct.

Sounds about right to me.  What I do is to make about a dozen pinholes at a
time.  I then measure and label them.  When I make a camera, I look through my
pinholes and select the one that is closest to the size I need.  If there isn't
one, it's time to make another dozedn.

BTW, I mount mine in slide holders.  This makes it easy to makes notes and file
them away for easy retrieval.

Cheers -

george

=====