On 06/16/2012 07:08 AM, Siarhei Siamashka wrote:

An alternative idea is instead of changing the algorithm across the
board, we could stop requiring bit exact results. The main piece of work
here is to change the test suite so that it will accept pixels up to
some maximum relative error. There is already some support for this: the
'composite' test is using the 'pixel_checker_t" to do compare the pixman
output with perfect pixels computed in double precision.

This latter idea is ultimately more useful because it will allow much
more flexibility in the kinds of SIMD instruction sets we can support.

This is also a very useful test, but it effectively requires to have
an alternative double precision implementation for all the pixman
functionality to be verified.

I don't understand this.

The current tests are checking for equality with am image. The approximate results will just check for approximate equality with the same image. I fail to see why the image has to somehow be "more correct".