> Do you have a more specific example of a code fragment that needs
> conversion?

In original pixman-arm-neon-asm.S:

.macro pixman_composite_over_8888_8_0565_process_pixblock_head
vsli.u16    q2,  q2, #5
vraddhn.u16 d2,  q6,  q10
vshrn.u16   d30, q2, #2

If all registers just converted to Vn, it would be as follows:

.macro pixman_composite_over_8888_8_0565_process_pixblock_head
sli    v2.8h,  v2.8h, #5
raddhn v2.8b,  v6.8h,  v10.8h
shrn   v30.8b, v2.8h, #2

The second raddhn corrupts v2, then the next shrn v30.8b, v2.8h #2
would not be correct.

There are many other conflicts I've met.
I didn't find any specification on the ARM's document that
Dn can be a lower part of V(n/2).