Never mind, I should have just clicked on that rather than thinking it was
a repository name.

I am able to compile your version and run it and the output looks correct.

Changing the plot line to this:

     printf ("plot [x=%g:%g] '-' with linespoints ls 1\n", -width*0.5,
width*0.5);

does make it work better, especially for subsample=0, by making the range
stay fixed.

Also if you run it on an older gnuplot that does not understand "pi" you
get a lot of warning messages on stderr.

It would help a *lot* if you added the pulldown to change the type of
filter to the scale demo, so I would recommend adding those patches as
well. Being able to directly compare to NEAREST and BILINEAR helps a lot
with debugging filters. As is I was only able to confirm the handling of
subsample==0 was correct by typing '8' into the subsample field to get a
hi-res filter. subsample=1 produces a quite visible shift that I think is a
good indication the sampling locations will need to be fixed.