Le 05/10/2026 à 08:27, Juan Manuel Méndez Rey a écrit :
Hi Xavier,

That was the state in March, it has changed since. The Rust part of
rollup 4.63.3 now build-depends only on these packages, all in unstable:

librust-anyhow-dev, librust-base-encode-dev,
librust-console-error-panic-hook-dev, librust-js-sys-dev,
librust-parking-lot-dev, librust-swc-core-dev, librust-wasm-bindgen-dev,
librust-xxhash-rust-dev

The only gap is the rust-swc-core version: 77.1.2+ds-2 adds
swc_ecma_parser and swc_compiler_base (with swc_ecma_codegen and
swc_ecma_minifier, which swc_compiler_base needs). The rest of your March
list is solved: base-encode, radix_fmt and dragonbox_ecma are in the
archive, ICU4X is not needed because Debian's idna_adapter uses
unicode-normalization, rust-swc-core replaces unicode-id-start with
unicode-ident, and the napi and Windows crates are not used by the WASM
build.

The +ds tarball ships an empty rust/vendor, so no crate is vendored;
debian/README.source on the MR branch explains how it is made.

Hi,

Thanks for the update, and sorry: my last message was based on the state in March. You've cleared most of that list since then, and building only the WASM parser to avoid napi/mimalloc is a nice approach.

I checked the archive on my side, and it matches what you describe. Everything the Rust part needs is in unstable except the swc ecma crates. So the only blocker left is the rust-swc-core version that adds swc_ecma_parser and swc_compiler_base.

I couldn't find 77.1.2+ds-2 anywhere, though. It's not in the NEW queue or on debian/rust-swc-core, and the debian/latest branch of your fork is still at 76.0.2. Could you push the branch you built it from (or open a MR on debian/rust-swc-core)? Then I can rebuild it locally and test MR !8 against it while we wait for the upload.

I'll review MR !8 meanwhile. Since chromium needs it, I'd like node-rollup 4 to be ready to upload as soon as swc-core lands.

Thanks again for all this work!

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Pkg-javascript-devel mailing list
[email protected]
https://alioth-lists.debian.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pkg-javascript-devel

Reply via email to