Last Monday I released the second beta version of Tvx on TinyCodeLinux,
and since then I have been focusing on various Tvx (9vx distributed on TCL)
related issues.  These include renaming the Tvx packages, working with Ron
to include 9pm (Ron's plan9 package manager), setting up a tvx-root
repository, and file ownership/permissions.  I hope to have the third beta
out later this week.

I have attached the 9fans announcements for further details.

  EBo -

========================= 9fans announcement 5/25
==========================

I am please to announce the 05/22/2010 update of Tvx has been accepted
into TinyCoreLinux's standard distribution package list.

This update includes all updates to 9vx and sysfromiso including more
strongarm support, a 9vx wrapper which assists new users in either copying
or linking to the base Plan 9 root tree.  All of the packages are
currently
set up in Tvx's dependency file so installing Tvx also installs the root,
docs, and source code.

Please feel free to play with it and let me know if you find any bugs or
suggested improvements.

========================= 9fans announcement 5/14
==========================

I am pleased to announce the inclusion of Tvx into TinyCoreLinux's list
standard packages.

Tvx is a repackaging of Russ's 9vx on TinyCoreLinux's micro-core Linux
distribution -- which provides a lean and mean Linux-on-a-stick.  More
information on TinyCoreLinux can be found on their website
<http://www.tinycorelinux.com/>.

Due to TCL's package requirements the main executable (9vx), root file
system, source code, and documentation have all been separated into
separate packages.  To get a working version of Tvx please follow TCL's
installation instructions <http://www.tinycorelinux.com/install.html> and
then install at minimum the Tvx and Tvx-root packages. Once this is done
you should be able to start Tvx by clicking on the 9-ball icon in the
application tray.  A FAQ and other Tvx specific documentation will be
forthcoming.

I am requesting an initial review and comments from the community at
large.

Please note that there are two known issues with the current packages:

  * no pop-up error message if Tvx cannot find Tvx-root.  If you forget to
install Tvx-root, or moved it, then Tvx sould report back some error
message.  At the moment it appears to do nothing.  I expect to have a fix
in the next release.

  * /home/tc/Tvx-root is linked and not copied.  The standard way that
packages are installed on TCL is to mount and link a clean copy at each
boot, which guarantees that the system is pristine.  Unfortunately, the
base system is read-only, so you cannot recompile plan9 libraries but can
add persistent files to the system.  The alpha version actually copied
Tvx-root to /home/tc, so this should be easily fixed shortly.  Once this
is
corrected you should be able to install the Tvx-root-src package and
recompile the entire plan9 system from scratch.

Hope you enjoy, and I look forward to your questions and comments.