> acid(1) provides a couple of ways of testing programs out of the box
> and i'm sure additional ones could be devised and implemented in acid.
>  If you've not read the paper or looked at Russ' presentation from
> 2007, they are worth a look. it may not be exactly what you're looking
> for, but might give you ideas.

I may be wrong, but I think this is fundamentally different from what I
was looking at using.  On the other hand I have successfully used the
debugger gdb to regression test embedded hardware via the JTAG interface.
>From the documentation it looks like I should be able to do the same thing
here, but what I am looking at doing is simply writing a series of separate
programs which do little more than call various functions with arguments
configured to verify proper function around boundry conditions and
canonical examples.  That way I test the underlying components.  I automate
all of this of course...

  EBo --