Hey all,

I have not had time to look into this, things are hectic at the
moment, but I have been starting to work with planner-rank and
deadline , and saw that it was making errors when ranking things.
Hmmm, now that I think about it, I think it is planner deadline that
was having problems, because when the correct deadline was being
reported, and time until it was due worked, the rank dropped off.

Okay.  So the bug is in planner deadline.  Here is what I found:

I was making a bunch of tasks, and for some I put a date in but for a
bunch I just put nil, and then would execute planner-deadline-change
on the item.  What I noticed was that for all the elements that
already had a date assigned, the deadline would calculate all of them
as being TODAY.  This of course sent the ranking up to #A for things
that were over a month in the future, while the same priority items a
week away were #B.

I noticed that for all the items that I had not given a date, the
deadline calculated itself correctly.  I then did a
planner-copy-or-move-task on the problem tasks twice.  The first time
it did not remove the date from the line, but the second time it did
(go figure).  Once the date had been removed, doing a
planner-rank-update-(all | task) corrected the problem, and the
deadline was working normally again.

Anyway, really liking the planner-rank and deadline package, and
planner-multi handled an item on my wish list perfectly.  Another
thing on the wish list is that if I create a task, and am in a task
group that the new task is put in the group rather than at the top of
the tasks section, but maybe task-group will handle that for me, I
have not tackled that module yet.

Thanks again, for all the hard work, and if I have time in the next
couple weeks I will look into this issue, but if anyone knows a quick
solution to the date and deadline in one task problem, I would love to
know what it is.

Actually that brings up another thing: If you are using the deadline
feature, is there a way to have the deadline set automatically if you
choose a date?  So if you say nil, no deadline is set, but if you
choose a date it is inserted as a deadline and not as a date, the
redundancy is not necessary for me, and the entries start getting
really long.

Rohan