[skipping a lot of lines ...]

 Ryan> The tasks do show up as completed on the page for today. I would
 Ryan> really like to have them marked as completed on the plan page as
 Ryan> well.

[skipping a lot of lines ...]

 Ryan> Just a clarification: I am not trying to assign the same task to
 Ryan> multiple plans, I am just not using TaskPool for the plan of this
 Ryan> task. Do I still need to use planner-multi?

yes, if you put one task onto several pages, then you need planner-multi
in order to for example set its status e.g. pending, done, open, etc.

Without planner-multi changing the status of a particular task would
only update the task on the current page but not all the other pages
carrying the same task.