gikari added a comment.

  In D25670#570517 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25670#570517>, @cblack wrote:

  > You would probably want to use `icon` instead of `menu`, as `menu` is only
rendered as a fallback for a pattern that most GNOME applications don't use
nowadays.

  > Edit: Additionally, GTK apps that use an appmenu typically override the
window decoration layout to reflect this. If they don't, then that's an issue
on their end.

  I would like to say "It is their issue", but the thing is, if we remove
appmenu from that apps, they will be unusable, because this menu contains
important functionality, that is not present in the other parts of an app. If I
choose to just grab `icon` instead of `menu`, apps would break and the user
will be confused and unable to use these apps.

REPOSITORY
  R99 KDE Gtk Configuration Tool

To: gikari, #vdg, cblack
Cc: plasma-devel, LeGast00n, The-Feren-OS-Dev, jraleigh, fbampaloukas, GB_2,
ragreen, ZrenBot, ngraham, alexeymin, himcesjf, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed,
jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol, ahiemstra, mart