mart added a comment.

  In D28873#649459 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28873#649459>, @niccolove
wrote:

  > My opinion from the consistency side: I actually think this is a good
possibility for the Consistency goal. After some digging around, my opinion is
that

  > > Tabs should only be used on application views that are user-editable (eg:
when it's possible to open a new tab or close another).

  > It's imo appropriate to have a different component for changing views,
especially on Kiri. But of course, that component should be consistent. Right
now we have big square sidebars, toolbars, etc etc etc etc etc

  > F8241366: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8241366>

  for those that are a sidebar, there is already a standard, agreed upon look,
that is being slowly and painfully moved to be adopted, which is:
  F8249505: Screenshot_20200420_180317.png
<https://phabricator.kde.org/F8249505>

INLINE COMMENTS

> niccolove wrote in SwipeNavigator.qml:55
> I think the tabbar should not be at the bottom on mobile. It's not necessary
> to touch the control as swiping from any point of the page should change the
> page, it is more visible when put at top, it is more consistent with kde and
> not-kde applications and introduces a position inconsistency between devices
> (touchscreen laptops should also be taken into consideration).

to me on mobile this is basically (or at least, is the only use i would have
for such a control):
https://material.io/components/bottom-navigation

which yeah, should be at the bottom (and kirigami always had as a central point
to have as much as possible controls, actions and chrome at the bottom for
single hand use)

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami

To: cblack, #kirigami, #vdg
Cc: niccolove, mart, ndavis, camiloh, plasma-devel, fbampaloukas, GB_2, domson,
dkardarakos, ngraham, apol, ahiemstra, davidedmundson