Hi all,

PowerDevil has two (three, if you count DDC) means of controlling screen brightness:

* Writing to sysfs (/sys/class/backlight and /sys/class/leds)
* Using XRandr output property

XRandR is doing X calls and we have some lovely animated screen brightness change. However, the UPower "backend" in PowerDevil is quite a spaghetti class and having multiple ways to control LEDs doesn't help.

Can we get rid of the XRandrBrightness class and just use sysfs in every case? XRandR Brightness doesn't work on Wayland, obviously, and the Intel driver which supported it is dead. Are there any other GPU drivers or models that use XRandR over sysfs? AMD, nvidia? I vaguely recall something but I don't know for sure.

(We're super early in the 5.20 cycle, so if we rip it out now, we still have four months to ignore any requests to put it back in ;)

Cheers
Kai Uwe