On Tuesday 13 July 2010, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On July 13, 2010, Ingomar Wesp wrote:
> > Marco Martin wrote:
> > > i'm not sure the systray one would be the best choice as opposed to
> > > the arrows svg [...]
> >
> > Ah, completely overlooked that one.
> >
> > I guess going for the more generic arrows is the better choice then.
> > Unfortunately, this also adds a bit of visual inconsistency for users
> > that have both the systemtray and quicklaunch on the same panel as the
> > arrows look different, but provide very similar functionality.
>
> agreed. why not just add the system tray arrow to the arrows svg?

i always have a bit of issues for changing stuff in the themes that would make
old themes obsolete, however we could do the following:

use arrows.svg for the systray (so old themes wouldn't be completely broken,
they would have the arrows)
then provide smaller versions with like a 16-16-left element and so forth, so
the arrows would look nice also with sizes as little as the systray ones
(maybe even for taskbar expanders?)

Cheers,
Marco Martin