That's possible too. However the way we're planning to do this in Plasma is for Plasma itself to launch welcome-center on the first boot, so if you want to go in this direction, you'd need to patch out that part in Plasma, or we could provide a CMake flag for it I guess. Which we may end up doing anyway to accommodate distros that don't want to show it at all, but want it to be installed to keep the "show release notes after upgrade" functionality working.

Nate