On 4/10/22 14:06, Jan Grulich wrote:
Hi,

When I joined KDE as a developer, I started as a newbie working on
NetworkManager and ModemManager integration and ended up writing one of the
core Plasma components. Thanks to this I gained a lot of experience,
attended a few Akademy conferences and met amazing people. I'm really
grateful for the experience and I consider it as an important part of
my life. Unfortunately, as life goes on and new projects appear, I found
that I basically have zero time to dedicate to anything related to
NetworkManager/ModemManager integration in KDE and all the bugs assigned to
me for these components don't get enough attention from my side.

For that reason I would like to ask to update bugzilla components for
*kf5-networkmanager-qt*, *kf5-modemmanager-qt* and *plasma-nm* to have
plasma-devel as default assignee and find someone who can be assigned by
default to all code reviews to lead these projects. I will still happily
help from time to time to explain some things around plasma-nm, but I will
no longer be able to actively fix bugs and develop new features.

I will still be around, mostly working on things around Flatpak, PipeWire,
etc.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Jan Grulich

Thanks for all the work (features and bugs alike, as you know software is always a mixed bag :D), and yes, indeed a very core component of Plasma.

As Jonathan said, don't be a stranger, KDE has very good memory :)

Regards,
Ahmad Samir