On 2023-09-09 13:57, Luigi Toscano wrote:
Hi,

yes, good point.

Just a technical question: if we do this after that period, what is
the process to do it for an application belonging to Gear?

Will it just be sufficient e.g. for Kate to drop the Qt 5 variants in

https://invent.kde.org/utilities/kate/-/blob/master/.kde-ci.yml?ref_type=hea
ds

and

https://invent.kde.org/utilities/kate/-/blob/master/.gitlab-ci.yml?ref_type=
heads

and require KF 6 + Qt 6 in the CMake files or is there additional stuff
that
needs updates to avoids one breaks stuff?

My guess is what you are describing plus updating things in repo-metadata, i
can think of

dependencies/logical-module-structure
  to update the branch info (i.e. kf5-qt5 won't be master anymore, i guess
point it to the latest stable branch)

dependencies/dependency-data-kf6-qt6
  to update the dependency info
  But this is autogenerated by Nico scripts nowadays so... maybe not? or prod
him to run the script?

projects/*/*/i18n.json
  to update the i18n branch information

Anything else I am missing?

Hi,

Thanks for the additional pointers.

Given no one did seem to oppose so far, I would consider to switch Kate to Qt
6 in master next Wednesday and start the bit Qt 6 run :)

When you switch a branch to qt6, please remember to ping the translation team because we need to move the translations. Probably the best way is to mention the translation team in the merge request to sysadmin/repo-metadata.git which
updates the content of the i18n.json file.

Thanks for the hint.

Just to be sure, perhaps I missed the docs, what would be needed in

https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/repo-metadata/-/blob/master/projects-invent/utilities/kate/i18n.json?ref_type=heads

Now we have:

{"trunk": "none", "stable": "none", "stable_kf5": "release/23.08", "trunk_kf5": "master"}

Would it be something like:

{"trunk": "master", "stable": "none", "stable_kf5": "release/23.08", "trunk_kf5": "none"}

Greetings
Christoph