> On Wed, Nov 1, 2023 at 8:44 AM Jonathan Riddell <j...@jriddell.org> wrote:
> > As discuccsed in Plasma meeting and just now with KDE gear release spods,
> > Plasma would like to take over releases of print-manager and wacomtablet.
> > This means renumbering the tars from e.g. 23.08 to 5.80.0.
>
> Isn't this going to cause distributions all sorts of pain as package
> managers are going to assume 23.08 > 5.80 and refuse to update?

It differs from distro to distro of course, but can be worked around. For
example in Arch Linux, they have an "epoch" variable they can set in a
PKGBUILD to tell Pacman to consider 5.80 (with an epoch of 1) is newer than
23.08 (with an epoch of 0, the default). I'm hoping other distributions/
package managers have thought about this before 😅

Thanks,
Josh