Hello,

> to me multitouch support means basically two possible things (just as local vs
> global shortcuts)
> for the secons case qt api is pretty much enough to easily use gestures in any
> app.
> for the first case some system wide daemon should filter gestures and manage
> the one that it support (if i want for instance have a gesture to minimize a
> window, or whatever)

Yes, I think that it is the correct way, some KDE applications are now
introducing multitouch support (like the plasmoids
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDadhfHzoLY>) my app try to do exactly
the second thing, is like a daemon that provides acces to many
functions using gestures, like move/resize windows, change songs, etc
The idea is integrate it in KDE, for example in the KWin GUI to
configure effects, in the global shortcuts GUI (kglobalaccel?), etc

> I see three things which speak against having it in KWin:
> [...]

Yes, I'm totally agree Kwin is not the place to this code, and of
course it works with any WM, I only suggest it in this list because
I'm really interested in work this summer in Kwin.
In that place you suggest me to propose the idea?

Thanks for your help!