On 06/14/2012 12:10 PM, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 18:23:47 Luís Gabriel wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently working on the QML port of LCD Weather Station as a GSoC
project and I'm also identified this problem with some weather providers.
I think we should add some information (a flag, maybe) in the data engine
to indicate if the weather condition data is available or not and filter
the providers in the applet side.
What do you guys think? It would be enough for now?
+1

and then the BBC UK MET provider should be fixed :)
You misread the Quality Team mail: we are asking for the LCD Weather Station Applet to be fixed for 4.9 or removed. A QML port will not solve any problem for 4.9 as this QML port will not happen for 4.9.

Luís, as you are poring to QML(thank you) I invite you to test the port thoroughly as QML ports had a few regressions. See http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Testing/Beta/Plasma#Generic_Plasmoid_Check_List for basic tests that must pass.

Aaron, Plasma-team: what about the 4.9 release for which the port is not involved?

Anne-Marie
Speaking for the Quality Team