On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 12:45:33 +0100, Marco Martin wrote:

    if (query.contains(placeHolder)) {
        return query.replace(placeHolder, term);
    } else {
        return query + ' ' + term;
    }
}

Is there a better way to do this?

uhm... RunnerManager::launchQuery(const QString &term, const QString
&runnerId);

how the query should be done is something that who calls must know the
syntax... i don't see many ways around?

Homerun code indeed uses RunnerManager::launchQuery(). The code I quoted is
the one responsible for creating the "term" argument of launchQuery().

3. I noticed some runners advertise single-runner mode but do not define a
default syntax. Is it a bug or is there a reason for that?

hmm, example? that indeed sounds wrong, should see the cases tough.

Here is the result of some quick grepping:

- kde-workspace
 - locations
 - nepomuksearch
 - powerdevil