On Sunday, May 26, 2013 1:23:20 PM ICT, Ivan Čukić wrote:
I would say that the right thing (what I as a user would expect to happen)
is that clicking "save session" in the kickoff menu would save which

I might be missing the point - kamd loads the last used activity on login (if it doesn't, it is a bug). What would change if we saved at 'save session'?

Hello Ivan,

yes you did. The point is that when setting "restore manually saved session" as the login
behavior (setting for ksmserver) then the "save session" button appears in kickoff and
only what was running at the time you click that button should then get started at all future
logins.

The needed change for this to work would be for kamd to _not_ save the running
state to file every time it changes, but instead only when asked by the session
manager to save state. (For applications that is done by overriding the
implementation of QApplication::saveState() or by using KSessionManager)

Cheerio,
Ivan