On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 11:31:04 +0100, Marco Martin <notm...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Monday 17 March 2014, Aleix Pol wrote:
Hi plasma,
Do you know if kde-workspace/libs/kdm and kcheckpass can actually be
dropped?
It's being used by the screen locker at the moment and I'm feeling unsure.

uhm, wasn't libs/kdm already dropped?
anyways, any idea how to do the password check in the lockscreen without it?
will it use something coming from lightdm?

Hey,

Regarding checking the password, I'd love to point you to https://github.com/MartinBriza/QAuth . I started this project a while ago to provide proper PAM support for SDDM but keeping other usecases (direct QML usage) in mind.

It's worth noting the current HEAD is broken (especially for Qt5) but at least as a peek at the API and structure it's worth it.
Expressing your opinions loudly is encouraged. :)

Cheers,
Martin