Thanks for the feedback. Given the collection of responses so far, I'll go
ahead and leave the white outlines as they are.

Regarding duplication of svgs. Yes, the changes I prepared had separate
panel-background, dialog and tooltip svgs specifically for the dark theme.
The main reason is that reflective properties of the edge of the material
changes with color - brighter colors reflect more light, darker colors
reflect less. So where as the Cardboard Grey of the normal Breeze theme
needed a much brighter outline to better represent the quality of the edge,
the dark grey of the breeze dark theme would need a much less bright
outline. The current white outlines that we've grown to like are a happy
accident of the much brighter outline needed for the normal theme. Now,
we'll just say that those outlines are intentional. ;-)

In any event, I think there may be only so much complexity that's worth it
to avoid duplication of svgs. Beyond a certain point a theme of a different
color is, in the end, just a different theme. And these themes are a couple
of drunken grizzly bears to put together as is. :-)

Thanks much for the feedback!
Andrew
[back to visual bug hunting]