graesslin added a comment.

  I had been thinking about multi-screen issue and how we can get it working in
the protocol. The biggest problem is that we cannot really map to the wl_output
in a way that it's useful to the client. Also caused by QtWayland not exposing
the wl_output in the native interface. From server side we could send a
wl_output resource of that client, but our Qt based clients would not know what
to do with them :-(

  Given that we need to have the client tell the server for which wl_output it
wants to have the buffer. A possibility would be to pass the wl_output as
argument to the get_buffer request. But then how would the buffer_ready event
indicate for which wl_output it is? Maybe we need to do it like the with
org_kde_kwin_dpms_manager. It would require to add another level of
indirection. Which is nothing I want as it just sounds too complicated and
requires quite some changes to the otherwise finished review here. Le sigh. I
wish I had noticed that problem earlier. It's something one only notices when
using Wayland in day-to-day with multi-screen setup.

REPOSITORY
  rKWAYLAND KWayland

EMAIL PREFERENCES

To: Kanedias, graesslin