Hello everyone,

I have some questions concerning plasma panels and I hope you could help. A small brief, I implemented the Now Dock plasmoid which can be found in kdelook. There is a discussion that this should be a panel of its one. In other words not (in panel) but a panel. I changed the metadata.desktop file accordingly and now the new panel is shown. I add it in my environment and I can see a panel which contains the visual of my plasmoid. But to move on I need some important steps to go from there.

1. This panel should be able to set its size(width and height) according to the visual which is shown. I tried,

Layout.*widths and Layout.*heights to set them in a fixed size but nothing happened.

Is it possible to do that? to set the panels size with enforcement?

2. The panel which was created is the default empty panel which is used in Plasma. When I right click my visual to go to old configuration dialog of the plasmoid instead of the configuration window, the panel's settings are appearing next to the panel (Add widgets, set size, etc)... is it possible to override this? or open the old configuration dialog?

3. Is it possible to tell the panel to not draw its background, as the plasmoids can do? in order to support transparency? but keep the plasma's theme untouched?

Thank you very much!

with regards,

michail