davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> graesslin wrote in main_wayland.cpp:638
> hmm I'm not sure whether we should implement it as an int factor. Even if
> Wayland only supports integer scaling, I think that's a bad idea and we
> should rather go with fractal scaling from the start. Of course towards
> Wayland we need to expose it as integer scaling. But in case Wayland gets an
> update we would be prepared.

Makes sense to me. I'll do that change.

> graesslin wrote in wayland_server.cpp:353
> At the moment KWin doesn't scale yet. I think we should not start to export
> scale to Wayland as long as we don't support it.
>
> The idea behind the scale in Wayland is that the compositor itself scales up
> all surfaces which don't provide the correct scale factor. Just mentioning in
> case you are not aware of it.

I started doing the relevant surface scaling, but that's quite a bit more
complex than it might first appear (and the Qt QPA needs multiple patches...)
so I need to split this into multiple smaller parts.

Personally, I think setting this now is fine because I haven't implemented
anything in the DRM backend, so this is only going to affect kwin when this
config option is explicitly set.

REPOSITORY
  rKWIN KWin

EMAIL PREFERENCES