René J.V. Bertin ha scritto:
> On Thursday February 2 2017 21:50:38 Nicolás Alvarez wrote:
>
>> You missed the point. This "bit rot" is not about disk damage but
>> about software incompatibility. ZFS doesn't help with that...
>
> You mean diffs that no longer apply cleanly? In that case you missed our
> point. Being able to consult intermediate versions of diffs, abandoned diffs
> etc. is not to be able to apply them "as is". If there were no value in the
> kind of code those diffs (can) contain we'd not be using git or git wouldn't
> be preserving every single bit of history.
>

> Oh well. This is just another expression of FOSS's biggest weakness. Every
> project has this centre-of-the-universe tendency that apparently justifies
> breaking things for large parts of the user base whenever the project feels
> it's justified.

No one is breaking anything. We are working to try to collect the problems and
have them solved, and if you look around in the discussion it seems that a
simple mirroring is working. Also, someone else was checking on IRC how the
Reviewboard API works.

Please let's focus on the way to solve problems.

--
Luigi