On 04/07/17 22:46, Martin Gräßlin-san wrote:
Am 2017-04-07 07:56, schrieb Takao Fujiwara:
Due to that: no chance for IM controlling part of our stack. We control the IM.

Probably I think this way would not work with IBus.
Each IBus IME are called by IBus dbus method. You hardly ask each IME
maintainer to change the protocol.
IBus daemon would be the controller of IBUs IMEs.

I think I need to describe in a better way how I envision the future
architecture.

I want to have the IM daemon merged into the wayland compositor. So KWin would
talk directly with the IM through library calls and the composed text
would be sent from KWin to the application through the Wayland text-input
protocol.

Probably I'd think KWin does not have to merge IM daemon and I hope we can make
DBus proceses more secure.
Also I think virtual keyboards does not need to implement IM and they can
enable IM with the shortcuts outside IM implementations.

Probably you have to support copy & paste between applications and support
protocols between processes.

I want to eliminate the IPC between applications and IM daemon.

If we are going to touch this code we can strive for the best solution and not
keep stuck on the approach used on X11. And yes that might need
adjusting the IMEs. But they need to be adjusted anyway. We wouldn't have this
discussion if it would just work on Wayland.

I guess just implementing Plasma Wayland with the current IM modules also will
causes many regressions as GNOME did.

Thanks,
Fujiwara

Cheers