On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 9:58 PM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvber...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday May 06 2017 21:37:51 Ben Cooksley wrote:
>
>>'Platforms' on which they build. At the moment we have three Platforms
>>available: Ubuntu Xenial Qt 5.7, Windows Qt 5.7 and FreeBSD Qt 5.7.
>>Adding additional Platforms to this mix is fairly easy, as long as the
>>code can be built there. Qt will now be considered as part of the base
>>system, and is something we will no longer build ourselves.
>
> One remark about this: Qt 5.7 is not the most issue-free version but I
> understand why the 5.6 LTS version was not preferred instead. However, there
> is 1 thing with using stock Qt that's potentially problematic on a CI. It
> lacks a QtDBus patch that Qt cannot at the moment incorporate but that
> everyone should be using because it prevents crashing on exit under certain
> conditions.

It'll be up to the system distributor in that case to include the
patch. We shouldn't be including patches the system distributor isn't
in any case, as that will lead to a different environment compared to
our users.

Note that for Windows and Mac we shouldn't be doing D-Bus anyway as
they're alien to that platform (and the CI Tooling won't launch D-Bus
as part of it's test environment setup there as a result)

> R.

Cheers,
Ben