davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in baloosearchrunner.cpp:51
> Won't we end up restarting this service over and over again whilst typing
> when Baloo is dlsabled? Not sure how bad that is, though.

If baloo is disabled, but the runner is enabled, yes.

Not a huge issue, not ideal either.

Brainstorming options:

- We just let this tiny app linger doing nothing
- We don't do DBus autostart, but regular session autostart with
X-KDE-autostart-condition
- We add some sort of smarter Enabled syntax in the Krunner .desktop file like
X-KDE-autostart-condition

(most invasiave, but gives the best UI as we can even hide the option for this
entry)

- I could forward AbstractRunner::prepare / teardown (assuming they actually
work) Means it'll only happen once per run session.
- I can make DBusRunner catch errors on the call to GetActions() and turn
itself off if gets one.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

To: davidedmundson, #plasma
Cc: broulik, plasma-devel, ZrenBot, progwolff, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed,
jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol, mart, lukas