kossebau added a comment.

  In D1230#230642 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D1230#230642>, @romangg wrote:

  > In D1230#230613 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D1230#230613>, @Kanedias wrote:
  >
  > > They don't override anything and compile fails for me if they are
present. GCC 7.3.1.

  > I believe this is an unrelated regression you just ran into because of
D11209 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11209>. I hadn't yet updated my
KDecoration clone, that's why it still compiled for me. In any case please
remove the unrelated override keyword removal from the patch and let's hope the
regression will be quickly fixed in KDecoration.

  No, D11209 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11209> should be innocent here. Not
exporting the symbols of the pimpl classes has no effect on the virtualness of
the methods of the normal classes.

  The issue is rather that those tooltip-related methods only got added
recently to master, see D7246 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D7246>. So KWin
master also expects KDecoration master.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

To: Kanedias, graesslin, davidedmundson, romangg, #kwin
Cc: kossebau, jgrulich, romangg, ngraham, alexeymin, aacid, kwin, #kwin,
davidedmundson, plasma-devel, schernikov, iodelay, zzag, bwowk, ZrenBot,
lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, hardening, jensreuterberg, abetts, eliasp, sebas,
apol, mart, hein