smithjd added a comment.

  In D15341#322618 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15341#322618>, @ngraham wrote:

  > I appreciate the patch and the fact that you considered the prior comments
in D14739 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14739>. But I must admit I'm still left
with a nagging question: "Why?"

  > Why here? Why not elsewhere? How about the search field in Kicker and
Kickoff? The one in Dolphin? If this should be done at all, shouldn't it be
done everywhere? And if it can't be done everywhere due to conflicts (i.e.
because [ctrl] + [a] and [ctrl] + [s] have existing meanings in GUI software),
then should it be done at all?

  Kicker/Kickoff and the dolphin search aren't full-fledged launchers like
KRunner, only search fields for Baloo.

  > It just seems sort of random to add this very heavyweight configuration UI
here in the KCM to change shortcuts for KRunner that basically nobody but you
would ever want to change. :) > Pretty much the only KRunner-related shortcut
that your average user might actually want to change in the KCM is the
activation shortcut, and that's not here--though I would be happy to > see a
patch to add just that on the main page, without adding another tab. If we
absolutely must add alternative hidden power user CLI-inspired navigation
shortcuts to KRunner (which I'm > not yet convinced on), let's just do it, and
not wrap it in a whole bunch of user-visible configuration UI.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

To: smithjd, #plasma, #vdg, ngraham
Cc: ngraham, plasma-devel, ragreen, Pitel, ZrenBot, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed,
jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol, mart