rikmills added a comment.

  In D17375#373278 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17375#373278>, @ngraham wrote:

  > That's what I thought. Then it doesn't fully fix 401810, since people not
using Kubuntu or Neon will still not have a way to change the update frequency.

  I don't think this was intended to be a full fix for that in a distro
agnostic sense, though it is relevant so posted on that bug. This is specific
to apt updates where currently if a x0periodic config files exists the (a)
notifier and apt config prompted refreshes will at a minimum double the
frequency, and (b) even worse the apt-config setting in days was being
misconstrued by the notifier as **hours**, resulting in even more frequent
refreshes. That is what I pointed out and discussed with Aleix a few days ago,
which prompted this revision.

REPOSITORY
  R134 Discover Software Store

To: apol, #kubuntu, sitter, rikmills
Cc: ngraham, plasma-devel, ragreen, Pitel, ZrenBot, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed,
jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol, mart