ngraham added a comment.

  Yeah, that doesn't look great. :/

  For elements like the actionbuttons and the username that will always appear
over a blur, I guess we should abandon the text shadows. For the clock that
//sometimes// has a shadow, what we should probably do is make the shadow's
opacity property public (defaulting to 0.0) and have only the lock screen turn
it on when there's no blur. Then when the UI controls and blur appear, it can
set that to off. Then you can add an opacity animator to the clock itself so
that the shadows's visibility animates when turned on and off.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

To: rooty, #vdg, ngraham, #plasma, davidedmundson, filipf
Cc: plasma-devel, jraleigh, GB_2, ragreen, Pitel, ZrenBot, lesliezhai,
ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol, mart