kjslag added a comment.

  In D13095#467997 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13095#467997>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Moving the brightness to zero is supposed to turn the //backlight// off,
not the //screen// right?

  I don't see why. It seems better to put the screen into a low energy mode
than to just turn off the backlight in order to save more watts. It also seems
strange for the brightness slider to go all the way down to zero brightness. Do
any other desktop environments or operating systems do that?

  In D13095#467733 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13095#467733>, @kjslag wrote:

  > In order to deal with Nate's problem, perhaps instead of starting with
brightness=0, we could just start with the next increment of brightness, which
happens to be 2 for Nate. Nate's situation would be similar to before the patch
was applied: only the lowest brightness setting turns off his screen. So there
wouldn't be a regression for Nate.

  Are there still any objections to this solution?

REPOSITORY
  R122 Powerdevil

To: thsurrel, #plasma, broulik, ngraham
Cc: kjslag, sharvey, zzag, ngraham, romangg, plasma-devel, jraleigh, GB_2,
ragreen, Pitel, ZrenBot, himcesjf, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg,
abetts, sebas, apol, mart