Hi,

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 9:31 AM Alexander Fedorov <
alexander.fedo...@arsysop.ru> wrote:

> My suggestion:
> 1) create "org.eclipse.e4.ui.ide" bundle to be a home of shared
> functionality for both E3 and E4. It may be also named
> "org.eclipse.e4.ui.resources".

I think having a separate bundle for pure E4-able IDE features would make
sense.
However, I'm afraid some of the features you may want to migrate to E4 are
already API and cannot be moved easily.

2) put it in between of the current bundles to not break the
> downstream:  "org.eclipse.ui.ide" -> "org.eclipse.e4.ui.ide" ->
> "org.eclipse.core.resources".

Even if you move away some features, org.eclipse.ui.ide will probably need
to keep direct reference to org.eclipse.core.resources anyway.

Cheers
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse IDE <https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse-packages/>