On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 12:07 PM <jkubitz-ecli...@gmx.de> wrote:

> cucumber is also honest about what to expect from a bug:
> "Please bear in mind that this project is almost entirely developed by
> volunteers. If you do not provide the implementation yourself (or pay
> someone to do it for you), the bug might never get fixed. If it is a
> serious bug, other people than you might care enough to provide a fix."
> https://github.com/cucumber/cucumber-jvm
>

> I would appreciate to see such honesty in eclipse too.

This is smth we can all do. E.g.
https://github.com/eclipse-platform/eclipse.platform.swt/pull/13 should do
it for SWT. I agree with you that we need this honesty too.

> +1 for a common "eclipse IDE" tracker
>
> +1 for JIRA as bugtracker (like https://bugs.openjdk.java.net)

We use infrastructure that is supported by Eclipse Foundation so if/when
that's an option we can discuss/vote among ourselves whether to use GH
issues or hypothetical Jira instance.

> +1 for pinnning repos

I'll open a helpdesk about that as I don't seem to have permissions to pin
them.

> https://github.com/eclipse/
>
> is like "what is this ???" - you don't even find eclipse-platform if you
> don't know  its name.
>

> Jörg

Aleksandar Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse Team