> Of course rebasing a green PR may lead to a red main branch in bad
circumstances

At the moment the Platform CI rebuilds every open PR against current master
on every master commit. That build is done with a merge commit of PR and
master, so even the 1 in 1000 cases you are seeing probably goes away too.

The above may change once there start being a lot of open PRs and the CI is
forever rebuilding PRs.

For example
https://github.com/eclipse-platform/eclipse.platform.resources/pull/4 has
been rebuilt 14 times
https://ci.eclipse.org/platform/job/eclipse.platform.resources/job/PR-4/
even though there has only been a single commit on that PR.

HTH in the decision making.

Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham