Hello all,
I recently discovered that the libgazeboplugin.so is not installed as
executable.
So I tried:

# sudo chmod 755 /usr/local/lib/libgazeboplugin.so

This command made libgazeboplugin.so executable. While libgazeboplugin of
release 7775 still doesn't work (segmentation faults in player while using
the plugin), latest (release r7804) libgazeboplugin works!!!
So, if someone get the same problem I had, try to change the permission of
the library.
Ximengzhu