If you're using your own model, you probably didn't set correctly the radius
and distances between the wheels:
  <wheelSeparation>0.34</wheelSeparation>
  <wheelDiameter>0.16</wheelDiameter>

I guess (I didn't actually read the code) that the odometry is computed
using this values. Thus, they must match with the actual values of the
model.

Luis