On 15/06/2024 22:34, Jan Rękorajski wrote:

TL;DR Make PHP packaging sustainable or all versioned php packages will
be deleted and replaced by a single php package tracking head.

I'm using almost all old PHPs, including old 4 one. DON'T delete these.

(I'm using few pear packages, too)

The current model of packaging PHP runtime is not sustainable. >
The dependencies are a complete mess, packages (build)require
php-something, but none of the versioned phpXY-something provides
this.

Be more specific and I'll try to fix things related to php packages. Now I have to guess what are you talking about.

This leads to a lot of manual labor when rebuilding php-pecl
packages (run this magical command for managing installed deps
and pray it works).

This also leades to even worse mess for PEAR packages. The dependency
generator needs /usr/bin/php and it gets a random one,

Does output that it produces depend on php version? AFAIK any php is ok for it to produce the same output.

if it gets
anything at all.

But you did disable dependency generator for PEAR

Author: Jan Rękorajski <bagg...@pld-linux.org>
Date:   Sat Oct 17 10:02:30 2020 +0200
- disable php pear dependency generators - ver 1.753

and that causes now that rebuilding pear packages produce new packages that do not provide things that existing packages want.

If you disabled this to get rid of pear specific deps then all pear packages need to be rebuild.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / ( maven.pl | pld-linux.org )