On 2015-04-23 10:04, Mateusz Korniak wrote:
On Wednesday 22 April 2015 20:48:51 Jacek Konieczny wrote:
Also, pip is the blessed way of installing the modules now, see

     https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0453/#abstract

Yeah… blessed by developers, who don't care about system consistency
etc. (...)
We could probably minimize the damages pip can do (...)

PIP can be easily used inside any Python virtual environment when really
needed, so IMHO, there is no need to propagate PIP mess system wide, and we
should system-wide installs be from rpms only by default.

Not only many versions of same packages is problem with PIP, but we also lose
track of library dependencies in binary packages.

But the PEP you linked above suggests that 'pip' and 'ensurepip' should always be available system-wide and capable of upgrading pip itself.

Even if we agree using those system wide is not a good idea, we should
make it work in a way, that minimizes the damages.

Greets,
Jacek