On 2015-12-01 23:19, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
On 01.12.2015 19:49, jajcus wrote:
     The hack is to have architecture-specific pyconfig-*.h files and
a ghost
     symlink updated with python-devel install. I hope this works.

a cleaner way is to install wrapper header file which based on
preprocessor variables includes proper arch specific file
no triggers, no scriptlets, no ghosts.

…and new compatibility problems with all the Python world,

and if the file is identical on both multilib packages, rpm will happily
install it without complaining

so, it would be something like:

#if X86_64
#include "py-x86_64.h"
#elseif IX86
#include "py-ix86.h"
#else
#error unsupported arch
#endif

How would you convince python library to parse this file correctly? Another PLD-specific Python patch, which would cause many standard Python packages to fail?

My solution is not pretty, but doesn't change a thing from the Python perspective.

Jacek