On Sun, Mar 10, 2024 at 10:56:22AM +0100, Jan Palus wrote:
> Shouldn't it be the other way around -- "bootstrap" bcond in glib2 for
> building without introspection? Currently while gobject-introspection
> does not build-time depend on glib2-devel >= 2.80, it does runtime
> depend on glib2 >= 2.80 (both in rpm deps and linked dynamic library)
> which cannot be satisfied to build glib2 2.80.

Oh, I wasn't aware of g-ir-scanner dependency to build introspection
files in glib2 (I had gobject-introspection-devel 1.78 installed).
So now I added "introspection" bcond to glib2.spec to allow bootstrapping
from scratch.

Previously I added "bootstrap" bcond in gobject-introspection as a way to
cleanly build+upgrade on existing system (it's not possible to cleanly
upgrade glib2 built with introspection without removing or upgrading to
1.80 existing gobject-introspection 1.78 package due to files conflict).
So I could build whole glib2 2.80 and gobject-introspection 1.80 and
upgrade them both simultaneously.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/